- 2019. Setting the Stage for Expert Advice? An Analysis of National Expert and Advisory Committees in China. China Policy Journal 1(2):81-112. doi: 10.18278/cpj.1.2.5 http://www.ipsonet.org/publications/open-access/china-policy-journal/china-policy-journal-volume-1-number-2-fall-2019
- 2019. A Comparative Analysis of Expert Advisors’ Role Perceptions in Policymaking: The Case of Hong Kong, China.
Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice. https://doi.org/10.1080/13876988.2019.1699276
- 2019. China’s Policy Processes and the Advocacy Coalition Framework (with Christopher M. Weible). Policy Studies Journal. Early View.
- 2019. “Advocacy Coalitions, Policy Stability, and Policy Change in China: The Case of Birth Control Policy, 1980–2015.” (with Wilson Wong) Policy Studies Journal. Early View. https://doi.org/10.1111/psj.12329
- 2018. "Network structure and collaborative innovation processes — A comparative analysis of two elderly service networks in Shanghai." (with Lam Wai-Fung) Public Administration and Development. 38(2): 87-99. https://doi.org/10.1002/pad.1821
- 2017. “Network structure, resource availability, and innovation: A study of the adoption of innovation in elderly services in Shanghai.” (with Wai-Fung Lam) In Y. J. Jing & S. Osborne (Eds.). Public service innovations in China. Palgrave Macmillan. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-1762-9_3
- 2017. "Recent Developments in Public Sector Reforms, China and Hong Kong. In Ali Faramand (Ed.)" Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. Springer International Publishing https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-3-319-31816-5_3191-1
- 2015. "The Impact of External Change on Civil Service Values in Post-Colonial Hong Kong" (with John P. Burns). The China Quarterly, June: 522-546 https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/china-quarterly/article/impact-of-external-change-on-civil-service-values-in-postcolonial-hong-kong/823A9404E1E1A0DE28EF89AD6F36F647
- 2013. "Changing Government Structures and the Evolution of Public Service Bargains in Hong Kong" (with John P. Burns and B. Guy Peters). International Review of Administrative Sciences, 79: 131-48. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0020852312467614