- 2018. "Network structure and collaborative innovation processes — A comparative analysis of two elderly service networks in Shanghai." (with Lam Wai-Fung) Public Administration and Development. Forthcoming.
- 2017. “Network structure, resource availability, and innovation: A study of the adoption of innovation in elderly services in Shanghai.” (with Wai-Fung Lam) In Y. J. Jing & S. Osborne (Eds.). Public service innovations in China. Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2017. "Recent Developments in Public Sector Reforms, China and Hong Kong. In Ali Faramand (Ed.)" Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance. Springer International Publishing
- 2015. "The Impact of External Change on Civil Service Values in Post-Colonial Hong Kong" (with John P. Burns). The China Quarterly, June: 522-546
- 2013. "Changing Government Structures and the Evolution of Public Service Bargains in Hong Kong" (with John P. Burns and B. Guy Peters). International Review of Administrative Sciences, 79: 131-48.
- May 2017-Jan 2019. CUHK Research Committee Funding. Understanding Civil Servants’ Perception towards Collaborative Innovation in China: The Case of Shanghai. Principal Investigator
- Jan 2016-Dec 2018. Research Grants Council Early Career Scheme, Politicization of Policy Advisors and Externalization of Policy Advice in Hong Kong. Principal Investigator
- May 2015-August 2018. Hong Kong Institute of Asia Pacific Studies, CUHK. State-society collaboration- a comparative analysis of capacity-building networks in Shanghai and Guangdong. Principal Investigator
- May 2015-June 2018. CUHK Research Committee Funding. Democratizing Expertise in Policy Advisory Processes-The Case of Hong Kong. Principal Investigator
- Jan 2015-December 2018. National Natural Science Foundation Youth Program. Public Sector Accountability Mechanism in Policy Implementation: The Case of ‘Veto by One Vote’. Co-Investigator (with Professor Yan Bo)