Applicants may make their applications via CUHK Graduate School’s on-line application system from September on:
Supporting documents required include:
- Completed Application Form (not required if already submitted online application)
- Receipt of application fee (not required if already paid by credit card through online application)
- Official transcripts of all tertiary level studies (Note 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- Copies of certificates of academic qualifications
- Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Confidential recommendations from TWO referees (Note 4)
- Copies of HKID card or other identity document as given in the Application Form
- A written statement of purpose (1-2 pages);
- Applicants with degrees awarded by overseas universities by distance learning or by completing a curriculum of short duration may be required to provide assessment report from The Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) on the level of qualification obtained.
- When preparing your official transcripts, please make sure that first, there’s a stamp of “Registration Section” on your official transcripts; second, there’s an official statement about the Grading Scheme; and third, your average Grade Point Average (GPA) during undergraduate study. Official transcripts should be sent directly to relevant Graduate Division in a sealed envelope from the issuing university. CUHK students (Bachelor’s or higher degrees) are allowed to submit photocopies of their transcripts.
- Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report (中國高等教育學歷認證報告) issued by the CHESICC (學信網).
- If applicants exchanged abroad and the courses and grades are listed on the home institution's transcript, then you do not need to provide a separate study abroad transcript. If the coursework and grades for the study abroad program are not listed on your home institution's transcript, then you are required to provide a separate transcript from their study abroad program that shows the coursework and grades.
If you are currently in the final year of your study, you are required to submit the final official transcript before starting your postgraduate study at CUHK.
- Applicants are required to invite TWO referees to complete the Confidential Recommendations Report. After you have successfully submitted the application, you can input information of the TWO referees through the Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes. The University will send invitations for confidential recommendations to the referees.
Starting from the 2020-21 intake, scanned copies of the latest official academic transcripts with official chop from the Registry or Office responsible for handling student records is accepted for issuing the admission offers. However, documents printed from the system or any other documents without a proper letterhead and an official chop will not be accepted. Besides, there should be explanatory notes printed / attached to the transcript indicating the grading scheme of the University.
Admitted students are required to submit original copies of those official documents for verification by the conditions fulfillment deadline. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to register and commence studies at the University. Official transcripts should be sent directly to relevant unit stated in Admission Notification in a sealed envelope from the issuing university. Some universities may only issue electronic official transcripts to other institutions. In that event, official electronic transcripts should be sent to relevant unit directly from the issuing university.
Shortlisted candidates may be interviewed.
Scholarships and Awards
The programme offers three types of scholarships and awards to students, namely
- Admission Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Award
- Outstanding Student Service Award
The aim of setting up these scholarships and awards is to recognize our students and graduates of their academic and non-academic performance. Each year, the programme will identify qualified students and informed the selected students of the scholarship offers.
Fee for Student who is accorded the status of Continuing Student in 2022-23
Students who have not completed the programme within the normative study period will be accorded the status of continuing student.
Continuing students will be expected to complete the programme within the maximum study period, and have to pay a continuation fee (HK$6,042 per unit for 2021-22, provisional).