Alumni Day & Career Talk 2018
GPGC Programme organized Alumni Day & Career Talk on April 15 at United College Si Yuan Amenities Centre. This year we invited 5 alumni from education/media, finance, insurance, human resources consulting and IT companies to give current students an in-depth consultation on career development. The Programme Manager was also proud to share with alumni that one graduate of 15/16 and two current students have recently received admission offers from Mphil/PhD programmes of prestigious universities such as The University of Tübingen, Germany and National University of Singapore. Congratulations! Prof. Li Lianjiang and Tsao King Kwun attended the gathering. Click here to see photos from the Sunday.
Updates of our teaching staff
Prof. Vivian Zhan, Associate Professor and Acting Programme Director of GPGC 2014/15 have been invited to give the following talks in the past few months. If any of the information is useful for you, feel free to use it.
• “礦產資源與中國地方治理和發展”, Institute for Advanced Study in Humanities and Social Sciences, Zhejiang University, China (2018-03) (http://www.iash.zju.edu.cn/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=10&Id=603&FId=t3:10:3)
• “以反腐促改革：中國反腐重點領域的變遷”, School of International and Public Affairs, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China (2018-03) (http://www.sipa.sjtu.edu.cn/info/1197/5720.htm)
• “模棱之道：中國政府間信息不對稱研究”, School of Political Science and Public Administration, East China University of Politics and Law, China (2018-03) (http://www.zzgg.ecupl.edu.cn/s/291/t/74/76/57/info30295.htm)
• “資源衝突應對的中國經驗 “, School of Public Affairs, Zhejiang University, China (2018-03) (http://www.lepp.zju.edu.cn/show.aspx?id=2454&cid=31)
• “China's Foreign Policy” & “China: A Global Power” in Faculty Training Workshop organized by United Board, Harvard-Yenching Institute & Christ University, Christ University, India (2018-01)
• “China's Resource Curse: Minerals, Local Governance and Development”, Division of Social Science, the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong (2017- 12) (http://www.shss.ust.hk/blog/events/chinas-resource-curse-minerals-local-governance-and-development/)
• “從改革視角看中國反腐重點領域的變遷”, School of Public Administration, Nanchang University , China (2017-11) (http://skc.ncu.edu.cn/show.asp?id=2733)
• “Political Research Methods and Contemporary Chinese Political Studies”, Institute of Advanced Studies of Humanities and Social Sciences, Chongqing University, China (2017 -10)
• “The Art of Political Ambiguity: Top-down Intergovernmental Information Asymmetry in China”, Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, Chongqing University, China (2017-09)
New Admission Deadline for 2018/19 intake
For administrative reasons, our admission deadline for 2018/19 has been updated to 30 April 2018 on both Admission Website & Online Application System of the Graduate School.
Guest Lecture: Mr. Busby GPGC5003
Mr. Busby, a political officer from US Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau joined Dr. Li Hak Yin’s GPGC5003 class on March 19 for a talk on US-HK relations and HK between China and the West. The talk is well received by the students.
Attending seminar on Mainland-HK relations (Nov. 6)
More than 20 GPGC students attended a forum which was delivered by former chief executive Leung Chun-ying to discuss Mainland-Hong Kong relations at HKCEC on Nov. 6 2017. Please click here for some photos of that day.
Visiting Phoenix Television (October 21 2017)
Invited by Brightway Hong Kong, and led by the Programme Manager, GPGC students visit the Phoenix TV at Tai Po Industrial Estate. They were warmly received by the Public Relations Manager, who guided the group around the Global News Centre, exhibition corridors and studio. Through a dialogue with the Deputy Head of Phoenix Chinese Channel, students learnt how the Hong Kong-based Chinese television broadcaster built its fame among highly-educated intellectuals in Mainland China, as well as the challenges it faces. Click here for some photos of that day.
Application for admission 2018/19
Applications for GPGC programme 2018/19 are accepted from NOW on. Please check our Graduate School’s website to process on-line application:
Important notice for non-local applicants: When preparing your official transcripts, please make sure that first, there’s a stamp of “Registration Section” on your official transcripts; second, there’s an official statement about the Grading Scheme; and third, your average Grade Point Average (GPA) during undergraduate study. Lack of these items will much delay your application.
A group of GPGC students paid a visit to InnoTech Expo 2017 at HKCEC on Sep. 25
Click here for a group photo of that day!
GPGC Orientation and Academic Consultation was conducted on Sep. 2 2017
Professor Li Lianjiang, the Acting Programme Director of GPGC attended the gathering together with Prof. Michel Bonnin, Prof. Tsao King Kwun, Prof. Chow Po-chung, Dr. Yeh Kuo-hao, and Dr. Liu Chun. This year Chen Xin, Chen Xinyu and Chen Yuting were granted “Government and Politics (Greater China) Scholarship.” Please click here for the photos of that day.
MSSc in GPGC is pleased to announce that we’ve invited Professor Wang Zhengxu from Fudan University to deliver a seminar at USC in June 7. All are welcome!
Alumni Day 2017
GPGC Alumni Day 2017 took place on Mar. 18 at SCR Clubhouse CUHK. We were so thrilled to welcome 12 alumni who are based in Hong Kong to come back and reconnect with old friends and current students. Click here to see photos from the weekend.
Dean’s List 2016-17
GPGC programme is very happy to announce that FIVE alumni are granted Dean’s List in the year of 2016-17. They are ZHOU Shunzi, LIU Mengqi, HAN Jiawei, SHI Shuai, and LI Teng. Congratulations!
Scholarships have been set up for excellent applicants and graduates!
The Programme Committee of GPGC has decided to set up two scholarships for students of the Programme with effect from 16/17 academic year. The first scholarship is named “Government and Politics (Greater China) Research Scholarship.” It is to honor the top 10 percent of enrolled students of the Programme who have achieved excellent academic records in their previous study and deploy high potential in the research on government and politics (Greater China). This year FOUR recipients were singled out by our Admission Committee based on their past academic performance. Each of them is granted a check of HK$10,000 and a certification.
Congratulations to Xinyao, Li Mi, Yuxuan and Yongshi! Please click here for photos.
Another scholarship is “Dean’s List Scholarship.” GPGC will grant each excellent graduate, whose name is on Dean’s List, a scholarship of HK$5,000.
Orientation Day (Sep. 1, 2016)
Same as previous years, GPGC organized an orientation programme for new postgraduate students this year on September 1st before semester starts. Please click here for the photos of that day.
GPGC Alumni Day 2016
GPGC Programme organized the first ever Alumni Day activity on April 16 2016. We were so thrilled to welcome over 20 Hong Kong-based alumni back to campus to reconnect with old friends, teachers and current students. The function also served as career development consultation for our current students. Click here to see photos of the weekend.